A Hire Purpose
PROJECT MANAGER – Medical Device Design & ERP Implementation
This is a newly created position to:
1. Lead the ERP Implementation of Odoo
2. Project Manage – top priority projects (we design, engineer and build prototypes; and we build for production)
We need an ERP SME to lead and support the Implementation of our newly purchased Odoo Open Source ERP (similar to NetSuite, SAP ERP, Acumatica, and SAP Business One)
The Project Manager manages key client and company projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients as well as internal company employees to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. She or he will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of medical device contract manufacturing, reliable manufacturing experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of Project Management concepts, practices, and procedures. Using influence and interpersonal skills, lead and direct the work of others to reach the common goal. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members to monitor and track progress
- Coordinate internal resources and outside vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Lead and support new business proposal activity
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project including scope creep, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to senior management as needed
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders – both internal and external
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and third-party stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation – Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Delegate project tasks to respective department stakeholders based on responsibilities, individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Support company’s ISO 13485 compliance and annual recertification
- Support company inorganic growth initiatives by providing subject matter and integration support of company’s acquisition initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired/preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with ERP implementation and utilization
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven experience in project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong and proven ability in managing and coordinating with employees at all levels.
- Experience and ability to articulate ideas and findings to senior/executive management.
- Experience and ability to develop relationships and work cross functionally with other departments/teams
- Proven ability to envision the strategic picture, while developing the processes and executing the tactics to help drive initiatives.
- Project Management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Results-oriented, self-motivated with analytical and problem-solving skills
- A natural leader with high level of interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Conflict resolution experience
- Adaptability, agility & demonstrated ability to tolerate stress
- Developing and tracking budgets & planning
- Process improvement
Total Rewards & Culture Fit:
- Base salary up to 100K plus 10% bonus
- Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday – Friday – some remote work is expected
- Travel: nominal
- Benefits: Comprehensive
- Work Culture: We are less than 50 employees and we’ve been in business for over 50 years. As a smaller employer, employees have the opportunity to cross-train, and develop their skills in many areas – we wear many hats.