A Hire Purpose
Mechanical/Design Engineer (Medical Scopes)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are hiring a full-time, newly created Mechanical/Design Engineer to join our small engineering team of three. We are a small, agile and well-funded organization with a solid in-house machine shop. The parts we work with are intricately designed and have small tolerances. We outsource some of our processes and there would be the expectation of occasional travel to local vendors, and to domestic and international client work sites.
We have several new projects and more closing soon. We need a talented Engineer with the right skills, experience, manufacturing knowledge, interpersonal EQ, and the ability to see obstacles and create simple solutions. We are collaborative, adaptive, intuitive, helpful and team-centric, and we are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and help us get things done.
Does this sound like you?
1. To conceptually propose medical scopes instruments and/or systems to satisfy customer requirements and/or R&D efforts.
2. To direct and be responsible for complete engineering job effort from design to final acceptance by customer, including written instructions.
3. Work with all areas of the company on troubleshooting and improving existing designs.
We need a skilled Design Engineer with mechanical experience to design and test new medical device prototypes. The successful candidate will have the ability to seek, create and implement design improvements while working under general direction with minimal supervision. Must be ambitious and self-motivated to think creatively and efficiently to design and build prototypes and products, completed on time and within specifications.
- Prepare engineering proposals, drawings in SOLIDWORKS, and cost estimates in support of company sales objectives.
- Process all assigned work orders and R&D programs.
- Conceptualize Design: develop small mechanical and electromechanical devices or systems
- Layout the Details: create and approve related inputs such as drawings and specifications
- Release to Manufacturing: Compile, approve and transfer required input to Manufacturing
- Assist Manufacturing: Coordinate with the technical personnel in experimental and production efforts
- Test Program: Create, design, compile, and analyze tests, features and/or test data
- Prepare installation, operation and maintenance manuals
- Training for customers as requested
- Meet or improve on established budgetary estimate and completion dates.
- Maintain quality of function and appearance of all company products.
- Initiate design improvements and cost reductions.
- Review engineering change requests (ECR) and follow through on all engineering change orders (ECO).
- Perform any other functions as required by the Engineering Manager.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 or similar environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven experience in design and mechanical engineering
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS
- Strong working knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Total Rewards & Culture Fit:
- Base salary up to 100K (exempt status)
- Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
- Travel: occasional domestic and international
- Benefits: Comprehensive Medical, dental, short- & long-term disability plans, life insurance plans, flex spending & dependent care account, plus vision, accident and options for spousal and/or dependent additional coverage. We now also offer a 401K with an employer match (implementing in October 2022).
- Paid time off for sick days (40 hours annually), 2 weeks paid vacation year one will be prorated at start date. Paid Holidays for the balance of 2022 include: Thanksgiving Thursday & Friday, Xmas eve ½ day 12/23 and we are closed Monday 12/26.
- Work Culture: We are less than 50 employees and we’ve been in business for over 50 years. We have a new, highly engaged and creative “get things done” senior leadership team with an entrepreneurial GM and former Military ownership who work collaboratively and inclusively.
- As a smaller employer, employees can cross-train, and develop their skills in many areas – we wear many hats.